quarta-feira, novembro 09, 2005
FIRST DAY OF CLASSES, 2ND SEM AY '05-'06
Listening To: The Essential Reo
Okay. I learned something new today, though there's something nagging at me that it was already a cliché. The new thing can be summed up in a line from the song "Life Goes On" by Leann Rimes: Shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice...
I got up early Tuesday to strike the final straightening blow to my already awry schedule. I went to the College of The Gathering (aka MassComm) after a meal at the Papercup in SC. I remember Papercup was the place where we had lunch just before the induction. (Hi Batch Alitaptap! ^_^)
The House of Letters (aka the Journ department) was still closed. Ohdearsweetlordwhyisateraquelnothereasofthismoment? I had to keep my composure intact. I waited. And waited. And waited. Until Ate Raquel came, and Hallelujah!
The Form 5As had not yet arrived, she said. Typical, I thought, for nothing is ever early in this bureaucracy. So I waited some more. It was a good thing the department's airconditioning units were already on, and compared to the helter-swelter of the corridor, this was far more comfy.
Then Ate Raquel told me the bad news: I failed to keep up with the retention policy of the Journalism program, and therefore had to be put under probation. Ohdearsweetlordwhydoesladylambinodothistojournmajorssuchasme? I could only be so anxious. I kept asking Ate Raquel whowhatwhenwherewhyhow I could find salvation. She said no problem, if I get my Journ grades's average above 2.25 I would get my ass offa tha probation. Though I would have to face the Orc Lord (aka College Secretary Lourdes Portus) two times this enrollment period. Oh no, no.
I had no choice. I had to wait in line for my turn, missing a slot in five of the remaining Comm 140 slots of the class of Alfonso Deza. Sigh...
(details of the gruesome Orc Lord encounter omitted due to censure by the higher being within Sam)
And I had the Form 5A already. There was Eka, and then there were Sir Arao, and Sir Teodoro. Eka told me to go with Sir Arao. I entered his cubicle. I showed him my probation form. And then I asked for pre-advice.
"Okay, ba't nagkaganito ang Journ 101 mo?"
"Um, dahil po sa l----------"
"Ano?"
"Dahil po sa meron akong di naipasa..."
"At ano naman yun?"
"Yung layout assignment po."
"At bakit hindi mo naman naipasa? Palagi ka bang absent?"
"Um, hindi po ako nakapasok nung in-announce yan."
"At wala kang ginawa para malaman yun?"
Felt spineless. "Wala po."
"Okay, so eighteen units ka lang ngayon."
I was crestfallen. And who would not? If one was hoping to take 21 units one would bear the weight of the earth upon his shoulders upon hearing such a verdict. Oh well, better not complain. There's still summer...
I then enlisted in Comm 140, and waited for the next day for PI 100 enlistment.
Okay, so here is my schedule for this sem, all 18 units of it:
Mundae
07:00a - 08:30a J 100
08:30a - 10:00a Break
10:00a - 11:00a Econ 100.1
11:00a - 11:30a Break
11:30a - 01:00p Kas 1
01:00p - 04:00p J 102
04:00p - 05:30p Break
05:30p - 07:00p PI 100
Winsdae
01:00p - 04:00p Comm 140
Thersdae
07:00a - 08:30a J 100
08:30a - 10:00a Break
10:00a - 11:00a Econ 100.1
11:00a - 11:30a Break
11:30a - 01:00p Kas 1
01:00p - 02:00p Econ 100.1
02:00p - 05:30p Break
05:30p - 07:00p PI 100
Ain't that nice? ^_^
Till here for now! ^_^~sam
5:35 PM
No more lonely nights

Am the Head of the Department of Poisons and Antidotes of the College of Substances, also doubling as the chief of the Apothecary for the Department of the National Defense. Ahem.
BUT SERIOUSLY
Am a 4th year University of the Philippines student, but currently am a non-major in the College of Mass Communication. I can write, but am really unsure of whether I write well. This is a somewhat faithful version of what I keep in my paper diaries. And yes, I DO write my diaries MANUALLY. I've already filled up thirty-three Papemelroti notebooks, and am on my thirty-four. I love to eat, and boy, my diet sure can pack the pounds on even Palito. I now am planning to reduce weight, but will execute after the hell weeks are over. :D Am planning to shift to either BS Economics or BS Statistics. Wish me luck! :D
M'FACTS'N'FAVORITES
NICKNAMESSam, Li to my UPCB bros
BIRTHDAY16 August 1986
BIRTHPLACEManila
ZODIAC SIGNWestern: Leo. Eastern: Tiger. Be VERY afraid.
ADDRESSBlock 6, Boracay, Bgy. Manuyo Uno, Las Piñas City
RELIGIONIglesia Ni Cristo
FAVORITES
COLORblue and red
FOODfried rice and mungogi(sounds Korean, no? actually it's just munggo guisado. heheh.)
DRINKExtra Joss
MUSIC80s, but i can listen to anything. TRY ME.
BOOKThe Elements of Style, The Little Prince, The Calculus 7, Agatha Christie mysteries
SONGJust As I Am by Air Supply, and In My Dreams by Reo Speedwagon
TV SHOWCSI, Naruto, WeiB Kreuz
ANIME CHARACTERNaruto, Ken Hidaka
TV STATIONABS-CBN Channel 2
RADIO STATIONiFM93.9MHz, WRock 96.3MHz, and DWWW 774 KHz
NEWSPAPERPDInquirer
ACTORKwon Sang-woo
ACTRESSChoi Ji-woo
BANDReo Speedwagon
SINGING GROUPABBA, The Carpenters, Air Supply
SPORTSoccer
AUTHORAgatha Christie, Louis Leithold
PROFESSORUhm, can't actually think of any...
OTHER FACTS
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLManuyo Elementary School
HIGH SCHOOLPhilippine Science High School -- Diliman Campus
FIRST CHOICE IN UPBachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering
SECOND CHOICE IN UPBachelor of Science in Materials Engineering
CURRENT DORMNone
OTHER ELECTRONICA
E-MAIL ME! ^_^
MY IMPROMPTU POETRY BLOG
MY FORMER BLOG
AM SURFING
Naughty Japanese News
ENGRISH! (Wahahahahaha...)
Maina Illustrations
Alphabets of the World
Arjenteam Anita Anime ^_^
Anipike!
Quotable Quotes
Archives
maio 2005
junho 2005
julho 2005
agosto 2005
setembro 2005
outubro 2005
novembro 2005
dezembro 2005
janeiro 2006
fevereiro 2006
março 2006
abril 2006
maio 2006
junho 2006
julho 2006
agosto 2006
novembro 2006
dezembro 2006
fevereiro 2007
março 2007
INQ7.NET'S TOP STORIES